Muhammad Zubair UmarPolitician/Business
Biography Of Muhammad Zubair Umar
Affiliation(s): Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz
Mohammad Zubair Umar is a Pakistani politician currently serving as 32nd Governor of Sindh. A member of the Pakistan Muslim League (N), he had served as the Chairman of Privatisation Commission of Pakistan with the status of junior minister from 2013 to 2017.
Early Life Education
Umar stated that he is from Karachi where he is living 1971 and belongs to Urdu-speaking community. He is the elder brother of Asad UmarHe holds a master’s degree in business administration from Karachi’s Institute of Business Administration, where he was elected to the Board of Directors in 1980 as a student representative and also taught Financial Management -1986.
Governor of Sindh
President Mamnoon Hussain Monday accorded his consent on a summary moved for the appointment of Muhammad Zubair as Governor of Sindh. The President has signed the summary moved in that regard. The post of governor Sindh was lying vacant since the demise of late Governor, Justice (Retd) Saeed-uz-Zaman Siddiqui who had passed away on January 11. Muhammad Zubair, who holds portfolio of Minister of State for Privatization/Chairman Privatization Commission, meanwhile talking to different TV channels expressed his willingness to work for the speedy development and welfare of the province in collaboration with the provincial government of Pakistan Peoples Party.About his new assignment, he said it would be a huge responsibility and resolved that he would work to promote good governance in the province.
- Appointed as Minister of State / Chairman Privatization Commission on 18th December to date.
- Appointed as Chairman, Board of Investment on 12th July, 2013 to 17th December, 2013.
- Part of PML- N Economic, Tax Reforms Media Committees, 2012-2013.
- Worked for Leading American IT Company IBM: 1981 to 2007 including key International Assignments in Paris, Rome, Milan and Dubai.
- Main Positions Held during 26 years career with IBM include:
- Chief Financial Officer, IBM Middle East / Africa Region 2004 – 2007.
- Chief Financial Officer, IBM Pakistan – 1998 – 2003.
- Awarded Administrative Achievement Award for best employee IBM Pakistan – 1981.
- Awarded Presidents Award for best performance in IBM Europe – 1997.
- Attended IBM Convention in Naples, Italy for outstanding performance – 1993.
- Awarded IBM Europe / Middle East / Africa Region Certificate for outstanding performance during 2002. Several Other Awards and Recognition’s achieved during the course of career with IBM.
No videos found